Dried Spot (DS) Serum Samples
How To Collect & Prepare Your Serum Sample For Subsequent Lab Testing
Step 1 – Collect Sample
- Collect 0.5 to 1 mL of whole blood. For best method to draw blood refer to our Video.
- Transfer blood from the syringe to a Serum Separator Tube and then centrifuge.
- IMPORTANT: Whole blood must be spun down in the centrifuge within 5-10 minutes of collecting the sample to ensure accurate results.
Step 2 – Prepare Dried Spot Card
- Pipette 20 µl of serum from the Serum Separator Tube
- Spot first circle with a yellow mark indicated below (A).
- Repeat 3 more times until all 4 circles with yellow markings are filled.
- Allow the card to dry for 2 to 3 hours on a flat surface at room temperature.*
Step 3 – Activate Your Test
- Log-in to My Account and register your test on-line.
- Each Dried Spot Collection card has a pre-printed 10 digit bar code that indicates the test and unique sample ID# for tracking.
- Ship DS Collection Card via your preferred courier or by express mail to the lab address indicated on the return envelope inside your kit.
*Important tips for drying:
- Avoid touching or smearing the serum spots
- Keep the DS Collection Card away from direct sunlight.
- Do not heat or stack the DS Collection Card